Daisypath Vacation tickers

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Out of commision

Well not the best day.  I wanted to do 35-40 miles in 2:00 or so.  Maybe 2:15...

I broke a spoke in the middle of nowhere and limped for a few more miles until Jen picked me up.  Got 27 in.

Then got home and got the GI bug that has raped my family.  Fever, N/V/D, the whole 9 yards.  Oh well, I needed a few days of rest.  I bet I lose a few more pounds too!

This would normally be a time that I would go for a night run since Grey's Anatomy and all of the other Thurs night crap is on...but looks like I am going to be hanging out on the internet sipping fluids tonight.

Got a new stem today, thanks roadfrog!  As it is adjustable, I am going to use it to lower my bars gradually on the front, making me more aerodynamic.  Once I am down as low as I can go, I will buy a new stem.

Great run last night.  3 miles at 9:18's.  Times are coming down as I add more volume.  I am getting closer to the 8:30's that I would like to run on my shorter runs.

Thanks for following, now get up and go do something to be faster, stronger, or just create a calorie deficit!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you got the bug! Darn kids :) But, the nice thing about the stomach bug is you'll lose a few pounds!
    I like your last comment...get up and do something. Watch out...lightning might strike me. I exercised twice today! Now, not posting miles like you, but twice around the "big loop" is pretty good for me! ;)

    ReplyDelete