This has been a good week. I had some cauliflower and some broccoli. Also had sweet potato fries (baked) with the burgers I grilled. Portion control was pretty good through the week. Sat night a little too much pizza, and today not so good at the family reuinion. Too many sweets and hot wings... I plan on trying more new foods this week as well as starting to use an iphone app to start tracking my calories. I plan to start logging every calorie I eat or drink. I will let you know how it does.
The running is continuing to get better. Had a great run last night, really stretching it out at the end. Still pretty short though, nothing over 5. Did almost 15 on the week. Did almost 60 miles on the bike last week and swam a measly 1000 Meters. Also one spin class. Feeling pretty good.
The aero bars seem to be doing good. I have put about 50 miles on them with no issues. A little soreness, but nothing too bad, nothing that seems like cervical trauma.
My brother-in-law loaned me a trainer to use instead of the rollers I have. It is a device that sets up under your bike so you can ride it inside, out of the weather (or when you watch the kids). I will report later on how it does for me. Thanks Eric.
All in all, things are going well. This week I hope to run 5 days, shorter distances, and ride 4 hopefully. Maybe hit the pool once or twice. I think that some good benchmarks are to run 20 a week, ride 100 and swim 3000 per week while I am building up to start the training program.
Well, the Colts are on so that is it for now. Will post more in the middle of the week.

I'm enjoying your blog! :) My neighbors & I are contemplating doing the "Couch to 5K" program. *sigh* ;)
ReplyDeleteGlad someone is actually reading. I hate talking about training to people b/c I like talking about it too much and I feel like that is all I ever talk about. You can do a couch to 5K. Baby steps...LMK, I will do the race with you!
ReplyDelete