Wednesday, September 15, 2010
Bad Run, New Bars and Carrots
So yesterday's ride to and from work went well. It was a little hotter than I expected. I got up for today's run feeling OK, but once I was out there felt like crap. Ended up doing 5 miles, but was just not feeling it. I think that it was a combination of the heat and dehydration. This is a process, and I have to take the highs and lows. This is what I get for doing so many runs on treadmills over the summer. The runs will get better.
A buddy of mine from the bike forum sent me some aero bars to try. Aero bars are bars that bolt to your handle bars and allow you to "lay down" on your forearms and become more aerodynamic. Over 112 miles, this can really be a huge time savings for the same amount of work. I used to ride them on my tri bike until I crashed and hurt my neck. We will see if I am able to ride them again without neck pain. The picture above is my road bike with the aero bars on it.
One the eating front: I ate a serving of carrots tonight. For those of you that know me, this is big! Really trying to work out diet, portion size, etc. Tomorrow, cauliflower.
Tomorrow is supposed to be my ride morning. Both kids in school, I have 2.5 hours to ride...and they are predicting thunderstorms! Of all the days...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment