So this week was decent. 97 miles on the bike, 14.3 running and 1750 M swimming.
Not bad when you consider that I took Friday off for being sick. Missed a day of running and riding. And today's workouts were pretty easy since I was sick yesterday.
I ran at the Y. Stayed on the Tmill so I could be close to a bathroom, just in case...Ran 3.1 in 30. Really just effortless. Nice easy run.
Went out on the bike tonight just to get the legs turning over. Did a quick 15 miles, again wanted to stay close to home. Did a little 7 mile loop out by my house. Has a nice little section that is flat and then a few little climbs. I wanted to do the flat section so I could stay down on the bars to see how they felt since I had lowered them a bit. This route goes up my least favorite hill on Old Vincennes road. I hate that hill. It is only a little over a minute to climb it, but very steep. Can't spin up this one. You need a triple or a compact, and I have a 53/39 double. Even with a 25 T cog in the rear I have to stand to get up this one. So I got to climb it twice with a headwind today. Yay me.
There is also a one lane wooden bridge on this route. As I was approaching it today I noticed a bunch of rocks piled up with a big sign that said "Road Closed". It was straight out of the Dukes of Hazzard! Of course I crossed it anyways. Gotta admit that I was a little nervous the first time, but the second pass I hit it at about 19 mph!
So anyways, the legs feel great, belly getting back to normal and I am down to 240. Thanks for reading.

Just keep going!
ReplyDeleteGreetz,
Bas.
I like how you say "did a quick 15 miles"...
ReplyDeleteYou are my idol! Way to go...I am so proud of you for doing this. You will inspire me to get off my lazy (beep) and start exercising again.
ReplyDelete