Daisypath Vacation tickers

Friday, September 10, 2010

Getting started

Ok, so this is my first post in my first blog, ever.

The purpose of this blog is to let all of you know how my training is going.  I feel like all I talk about is running or riding and people get bored hearing it.  So this way I don't have to bore everyone with the details, and those of you that are actually curious can get all of the details that you want.

So 2 nights ago I signed up for Ironman Louisville 2011.  I have done multiple shorter triathlons, completed a full marathon, and even completed a half Ironman.  For those of you who do not know, an ironman triathlon is a 2.4 mile swim, followed by a 112 mile bike, followed by a 26.2 mile run.  You have 17 hours to complete this event. 

I have almost a year to get ready for it, and I am already feeling the time crunch.  I feel like I am in decent shape right now, but I am not sure that I am even to a point where I could start the training plan.  So I plan to run a lot over the next few months.  I need to work on that more than anything. 

Right now a longer run for me would be 5-6 miles.  A long bike for me would be 35-40 miles.  Those need to be beefed up just a bit before I can start the training program.  I feel fairly confident that I could start the swim now. 

I also need to drop weight.  Not too long ago, I was up near 300 pounds.  I am currently at 246.  I was down to 224 last year for the half iron.  I would like to get down to that by the time I start the training program.  Realistically I would like to be around 205 or so to actually run the ironman.

I would hope that this will keep some people up to date as to what I am doing to prepare.   I am going to post some workouts both good and bad.  I will also post my weight and any diet changes that I try. 

Thanks for reading, I will see you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment