Daisypath Vacation tickers

Monday, September 13, 2010

Monday!

It's been almost a week since I signed up.  I have really been hitting the training fairly hard for 3 weeks now due to a tri that I did in Lexington last weekend.  I had been running and riding over the summer, but just for the fun of it.  I did not really have a purpose.

Last weeks training actually felt good.  I had a purpose, a reason to push a little faster or go a little farther.  I love that feeling. 

I have been doing some shorter stuff.  I am trying to do 2 workouts a day, just shorter ones than I have been doing most of the summer.  I am trying to bring up the intensity a little, trying to add a little more speed in.  This is good for me for several reasons.  1. it helps to change gears a little bit. 2. It helps to keep me out a little less time.  I have some long days ahead of me in the future, so I don't want to use up all of my kid watching "favors" this early into the training.

The shorter workouts also help to get my body used to doing 2 workouts a day.  Most of the summer I had a nice ride, or run.  Fairly infrequent.  I might only run two times a week.  Now I am going to be hitting it fairly hard twice a day.  I need to get my body used to running 4-5 days a week again.  And I need to get it used to running outside on the hills again.

Had a nice little run tonight.   It was very short and actually nice and easy.  My calf was hesitant to loosen up and something from dinner did not agree with me.  Might also be the hard spin class I did this afternoon?  So I slowed way down and stayed close to home.  I just love running as the sun is going down.  Very relaxing.

So I am preparing to ride to work tomorrow.  For those of you that know me, you know that it is about 18 miles there and then 18 home, the last 6 being uphill.  Should be fun. 

I will try to update later this week.  Take care and get off of the couch and do something!

No comments:

Post a Comment