Daisypath Vacation tickers

Monday, March 14, 2011

ugh

Last week being week 6 I may have overdone it.  I skipped a workout due to work and was OK with that.  I had been up all night and no sleep.  Just did not have it in me.  So I decided to make it up by running a race Sat.  I took Sunday off and was going to do my long run tonight.  I spent 25 minutes on the treadmill and just could not get into it.  Stopped 35 min early.  Knees were hurting, legs felt dead.  I just did not want to push myself into getting hurt going into a build week (week 7) so I opted to ice down my feet and do some stretching. 

I felt great last week too.  Sure hope that I bounce back tomorrow.  I feel fairly certain that I will.  My main concern was that I would push it too hard today and still be suffering tomorrow, snowballing into a crappy week.  I know that I am probably doing the right thing but I feel pretty lousy sitting on the couch when I know that I should still be finishing my run right now.

Oh well, weather is getting warmer.  Soon I will get the good bike off the trainer and take it back outside where a bike belongs.  My winter bike has really been getting hammered.  Rain, snow, sleet, mud.  It really needs a good cleaning and lubing. 

Feet are still bothering me a bit, but not too bad.  As long as I ice and stretch it is manageable.  I hope I can keep it contained for about 20 more weeks until I start my taper. 

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment