Daisypath Vacation tickers

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Good week seven

So I had a pretty good week 7.  Now into a stepback week with week 8.  Then two more build weeks and I am done with the first 10 weeks. 


Sat I had a great bike ride.  Spent 2:26 or so on the bike for 42 miles.  Very little climbing until the last 30 min until I had to go up Paoli Pike to get home.  That was a lot of fun with 2 hours or so of riding already in my legs.  Went pretty good though.

Monday I did my long run and felt pretty good despite lack of sleep.   It was somewhere around 8 miles or so.  an hour, 21 min. 

When I first started this I felt like I was going so slow to try and keep my HR down.  I was wondering if I was ever going to get any faster.  Yesterdays long run I was very, very comfortable with a HR of about 143.  I was running much easier and faster than a couple months ago.  Back then it seemed as if I were just plodding along with a HR of 155.  I just could not keep the HR down then.  Now it seems like I am fighting to keep it up more often than not!  This is good progress. 

The only bad thing is my feel/heels that I have to keep icing every night, other than that I am feeling pretty dang solid. 

Heading out for a 2500 M continuous swim now.  Take care and thanks for reading.

2 comments:

  1. I love it when a run (or many runs) start to feel easy! Progress baby :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job! People don't believe me when I tell them you ride your bike home. :)

    ReplyDelete