Daisypath Vacation tickers

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Papa John's 10 miler

Ok, so I did not register for any of the triple crown race series this year.  Just registered for the mini.  Since Jen broke her foot I have been running with her numbers though.  I did the 10 miler, the last race of the triple crown today.  I had not done a double digit run yet so even though I have been running quite a lot I figured that this was a good chance to get in a longer run prior to the mini.

So I set out to make this just another long run.  Plan was to keep the HR below 155 and just take it easy, and not get caught up in the race day emotions.  I did just fine.  Av HR was 151 and max was 167 (on the hills in the park).  I felt completely comfortable the whole time, even on the overpass on Central at mile 9.  Ran onto the field into Papa John's Stadium with strong legs that could have gone plenty more.

A good week for me, did miss one shorter run due to work, but still logged 26 miles last week.

Have a friend coming over shortly to look at my bike fit and I am excited to hear what he has to say.  Looking forward to suggestions to find more power/better aerodynamics on the bike.

Can't believe that the first 10 weeks is almost up!  Thanks for reading, and congrats to all my buddies that finished the triple crown of running today.  You guys rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment