Daisypath Vacation tickers

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Sorry, it's been a while

I had a sinus infection last week, was on antibiodics so I dialed it back for a week.  Only rode about 30 or so and ran about 12.  I am back on track this week though.  Today I ran 6.7 with av pace of 9:38.  I was pretty happy with that.  Already have a couple good rides in and tomorrow is Thursday!  The day both kids are in school so I can take a nice long morning ride.  Probably be chilly though.  On pace to have about 21 mile run week and 100-120 miles on the bike.  

I played football this past weekend at my parent's fall festival and I seem to have hurt my hip a little.  Not bad, still able to do everything.  Just a little soreness at the front, right where the quads insertion point is.  It a little "inflamed" after my run today so I am not getting on the trainer tonight. 

I am still liking my runs, but it is getting a little harder to motivate myself to get out and get started.  I feel the need to keep going, keep getting prepared more and more, but I fear that I am going to be burnt out by the time the training schedule starts.  I may have to take a little time off in the next month or so just so I can be fresh mentally and physically for the training plan to start. 

Need to keep focusing on my diet.  That is the hardest part for me.  Have slipped a little the past 2 weeks or so, I always seem to be re-focusing on that part.  I guess that is part of the game.  Re-focus, re-focus. 

Anyways, thanks for reading.  Will try not to take so long the next time in updating.

3 comments:

  1. How long is the actual training plan?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are 3 that I am considering Tracey. a 20 week, 30 week and a 36 week. They all ramp up about the same during the "heavy" training period, the difference is mainly the base building time. Stuff just like I am doing now, just more organized.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool! I didn't realize you weren't in a training plan already.

    ReplyDelete