Daisypath Vacation tickers

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Broken spoke blues

So I broke another spoke on my rear wheel.  Time to rebuild it I guess.  Dropped it by Bob so he can have a look at it.  Since I bought this bike used, it is hard to tell how many miles are on that wheelset.  Bob (Clarksville Schwinn ) should be able to make it all better. 

I still got it 35 miles today, but not as fast or hard as I would have liked.  I had to be gentle for the last 2/3 of the ride.  Did not want to break any more spokes and be stranded. 

Tonight's run was nothing spectacular on paper.  If you look at my training log you will just see 3 miles in 29:45.  Well off my usual pace for that distance.  But this is the kind of run that you learn from.  This was the kind of run that will pay off big time when I start my training plan.

The past 3 days I have put 82 miles on the bike, 35 of them this morning.  I have run the past 4 days.  My legs were tired.  They did not want to run tonight.  I made them anyways.  The first mile was not a lot of fun.  It got easier, but was still far from effortless. 

It has been a good week and I am going out of town tomorrow night.  No training on Sat, and prob just a short run tomorrow morning.  I could use a day off the way my legs are feeling right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment