Daisypath Vacation tickers

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Getting over flu bugs and holidays.

I've been around, just not posted much...sorry.  Past few weeks have had ups and downs.  I got the flu and took a few days  off.  Got over that and then got an upper respiratory cold.  It was pretty miserable.  I managed to keep putting in a few miles here and there.  Did not lose much weight, but did not put any on so I guess that is OK.

I am back to felling pretty strong and healthy now.  Had a great 7 mile run today.  66:48.  9:32 av pace.  I did the Fast Freddies Five mile Foot Feast on Thanksgiving and had a PR.  Last year was 51 minutes, this year was 45 flat.  That is more than a minute per mile faster.  Plus it was cool and raining for the run.  Wet, heavy shoes are not made to be fast. 

I have not been out on the bike a whole lot, but have been running pretty consistently and have been hitting the trainer in the basement (for the bike) at least a couple times a week.  Have been trying to get out in the weather at least once a week on the bike.

Probably about 8-9 weeks give or take until the training plan starts. 

I am feeling pretty good about where I am at right now.  Everything seems to be right according to plan.

See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment