Daisypath Vacation tickers

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Glad Harvest is over

It has been a good week, but I am a sucker for funnel cakes!  I can honestly say that I only had 1.  I actually split one with the family.  Has not been the best week nutrition-wise, we have had a lot of stuff going on.  I need to buckle back down this week and be better with my food intake.  Yesterday was Em's birthday and that did not help.  Cake, ice cream and pizza.  Oh, well.  Back in the saddle now so to speak.

Felt good on the bike this week.  Thursday I put the bike on the car and dropped Em off at preschool.  I get some weird looks when I show up in cycling gear!  So I rode the whole time she was in class, pulled in just as they were getting out.  35 miles that day.  16 av, very easy ride.  It was encouraging to have a decent speed over a longer ride like 35 miles at such an easy effort.

One day the kids wanted to play outside so I set up my rollers in the garage and rode some intervals while they were playing in the front yard.  Some of the neighbors came over just as Jen was getting home from work so they just sat out there chatting while I was sweating out my intervals.  A pretty weird experience.  Only did 88 miles on the bike last week, but some pretty quality miles.  Next week should be better.

Running was the story this week.  Did almost 18 miles.  Ran 5 days, all days were 3 miles except for my long day of 5 miles.  The long day my av pace was 9:47 (goal is to run 9:30's) and my fast day I ran 3 in 25:20 which is 8:27 pace (goal was 8:30).  That was on the tread mill though.  I will be happier when I can do that pace outside.   

I plan to run 5 days again this week.  I also plan to up two of the days to 4 miles, and the long run I hope to make 5.5 or 6 miles. 

Thanks for reading.  Now go do something fun.  Go burn some calories.  Set a goal and make it happen.

2 comments:

  1. I find it odd that you can run faster on the dreadmill, than outside. I am the complete opposite! Are you doing fast freedies Thanksgiving morning?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a lot of weight to drag up hills;)

    Yep, I will be there. I have done it every year for a while now. I usually dread it b/c it is in between the time when I have slacked off from the summer and not quite time to start training for the spring runs yet. This year I should be in pretty dang good shape!

    ReplyDelete