Daisypath Vacation tickers

Friday, December 31, 2010

Starting the new year and the new training plan

It has really been a great year.  I am feeling pretty good these days.  The past couple of weeks I have been doing week one of my training plan just to keep in shape and get ready for the plan to start.  Jan 20 is when is starts.  This way I am getting my body used to the workouts and the structure. 

In the past I would start running around late Jan or early Feb to get ready for the "Derby Races".  Once I finished those races I would start riding and pretty much quit running.  As it got too cold to comfortably ride, I would slack off until time to start running again. 

This year has been the exception.  I have kept up with running and riding the whole year.  Went out and did a quick 20 mile ride yesterday quite easily.  A lot more easy that I would have been able to in past Decembers.  And I am still running.  Nice and easy 3 today since I had a hard swim this morning. 

I may not be in the best shape of my life right now, but I am in the best shape that I have ever been for this time of the year.  And it is only going to get better as I start to push my training. 

As I start the plan I will try to update my blog more frequently.  Thanks for reading.

As for the new year...it is what you make it.  Go out there and make it a good year!  Set a goal.  Sign up for a race and go do it.  Make a plan, stick to it, and make it happen. 

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear training is going well. I took a spin class about 2 weeks ago for the first time. Let me just say I don't see cycling in my future, but it was fun to do something different. My goal this year is to run the mini in under 2 hours. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! You are inspiring. :)

    ReplyDelete