Daisypath Vacation tickers

Monday, February 7, 2011

Yay! I have started.

So the first week in my training plan is over with only one small hiccup.  Had to work on Sunday which was supposed to be my long run.  Monday is supposed to be my off day.  So I just used Sunday as my off day and did my long run on Monday.  Got all of the workouts in though. 

I am feeling pretty dang good these days.  My runs are pretty effortless for an hour.  I am not liking the bike as much these days because I really despise the trainer.  So I either freeze outside or get bored to death on the trainer.  I can guarantee that I am in much better shape right now than I have ever been in Feb! 

The heart rate training has taken some time to get used to.  I seem to spend a lot of time trying to slow down and stay in a lower zone when I am running.  Same with climbing on the bike.  A big problem on the bike though is when I am going downhill or going on a flat with a tailwind.  I really have to work hard to stay in the HR zone.  It is a lot different than I am used to. 

All in all, I am feeling good, had a good first week and am looking forward to starting my second week tomorrow.  Spring is right around the corner and I am excited, but nervous.  Only 29 weeks until the ironman!

4 comments:

  1. I'm proud of you. That's great to feel so good this early in your training!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, once this is over, then what? Will it be like a big letdown or a relief? Or will there be another thing to train for? You are def a machine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Week two? Get back to me about how good you're feeling after week ten or so! :-p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good question ginmommy ;) The answer is that I don't know. There is tons of posting on the tri forums about post race depression and let down. It's like "Ok, I did all of this...now what?" I guess I will just cross that bridge if and when I get there.

    Still feeling good FSOG...;)

    ReplyDelete